Posted February 8, 2024
1. Discover it® Secured Credit Card: This card requires a security deposit, making it accessible to those with limited or poor credit history. It offers cashback rewards on purchases and reports to all three major credit bureaus.
2. Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card: Another secured card option, the Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card helps users build credit with responsible use. It has no annual fee and provides access to a higher credit line after making timely payments.
3. Open Sky® Secured Visa® Credit Card: With no credit check required for approval, the Open Sky Secured Visa Credit Card is accessible to individuals with poor or no credit. It reports to all major credit bureaus and offers flexibility in setting the security deposit amount.
4. Secured Mastercard® from Capital One: This secured card from Capital One allows users to choose their initial credit line by making a refundable security deposit. It has no annual fee and provides access to Credit Wise® to help monitor credit.
5. Citi® Secured Mastercard®: Designed for individuals looking to build or rebuild credit, the Citi Secured Mastercard offers flexibility in selecting a security deposit amount and provides access to Citi Identity Theft Solutions for added security.
6. Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit: Geared towards individuals rebuilding credit, this unsecured card from Credit One Bank offers cashback rewards on eligible purchases and provides free monthly credit score tracking.
7. Discover it® Student Cash Back: Ideal for students with limited credit history, this card offers cashback rewards on purchases and provides access to tools like Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, helping students monitor and build their credit over time.
8. Petal® 2 "Cash Back, No Fees" Visa® Credit Card: Petal 2is designed for individuals with little to no credit history. It evaluates applicants' banking history to determine creditworthiness and offers cashback rewards on purchases with no annual fee or security deposit required.
9. First Progress Mastercard: Offers consumers a secured credit card option designed to assist individuals in building or rebuilding their credit. A security deposit that determines your credit limit as it serves as collateral and reduces the risk for the card issuer, thus making it accessible to individuals with limited or damaged credit history.
10. The Chime Credit Builder Visa® Credit Card offers consumers a unique approach to building credit while providing features designed to promote financial wellness. Here's an overview of what it typically offers as a Credit Building Opportunity. It reports account activity to major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian), allowing users to establish a positive credit profile over time through responsible use. Users do not need to provide a security deposit to open the account, making it more accessible to individuals who may not have funds for a deposit. No Annual Fee. Automatic Payments. Real-Time Transaction Alerts. Financial Education Resources.
Remember to review the terms, fees, and benefits of each card carefully to find the best fit for your financial situation and credit-building goals. Additionally, always use credit responsibly and make timely payments to maximize the benefits of these cards for building or rebuilding credit over time.